Saturday, March 16, 2019

The zeal for history not to be forgotten in my native land is my main motive for some of my writings

Hi there, I don't know whether I have said this enough but I am unwilling for the days of my ancestors and the way they lived to be forgotten. Growing up, I heard stories upon stories that my great grandmother, Nana Amma Adutwumwaa, the late queen of of my village Antoa shared with me and others. After countless research, I am able to reconcile her stories with other actual events that occurred among the royals of Ashanti of days gone by in some of my novels.. I know that just coming straight out and narrating these stories would be just another history book which I didn't want to put out there. But to encourage others to know more about such great historical events, I used romance as the vehicle to share the life's and times of Ashanti royals and their day to day living of the days gone by. Another motivation was to encourage our young ones to develop the habit of reading. These days of the internet and smart phones are slowly crowding out this laudable grace. My first one was Serwah, the Saga of an African Princess followed by Boarding Time. Then came The Golden Staff, the Lost Princess and Fate's Promise. The latter two is going to be a trilogy with the third and final one soon to be published. So let's continue the habit of reading to enlarge our horizons. Cheers!

No comments: